Here are my published iOS Apps:
My apps have a lifetime total of 20,000 downloads.
- This is a Voice Changing App that I made as part of the Udacity Nanodegree Program.
- This is my most feature rich app to date, Meme Gnome, it is a meme generator app.
- This is one of the first games I made, Wall Run Extreme, it is an infinite runner.
- I did an app refresh, (i.e. Changed some graphical assets) on this project.
- Oddly enough my most popular app is a Tic-Tac-Toe app.
I am currently working on several more apps and I’m looking to develop that ONE app that will get me some notoriety. My apps in total have more than 150 downloads so as soon as I get a great original idea I will know how to boost it to the next level.
ASP.NET Core WebAPI:
I am currently working on a better xkcd API. The problem I am trying to solve is that I wanted to use the xkcd API but it was lacking. The API they have available only gets you: a) the most recent comic, or b) a specific comic by passing in a comic number. I wanted to use this API for a React App and I wanted to fetch all of the comics to populate some kind of view on the frontend. The problem with their API is that in order to get all of the comics I would have to make 1800+ network calls! So what I did is:
- Created SQL server in Azure
- Built an ASP.NET Core WebAPI project
- Wrote Method Call that retrieves ALL comics to seed the DB, (One Time Operation)
- Implemented a Service Method that checks for new comics every night at 12am
- Hosted WebAPI project in Azure
here is my improved API: http://xkcdapi20170825022619.azurewebsites.net
It has been running perfectly on its own for about 2 months now and it is always up to date with the latest comics.
The repo is here: https://github.com/denvercoder/xkcdapi
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.